Bruce Randolph School Parent Compact
Posted November 8, 2022
Parents as Partners
Parents, families and guardians play an essential role in supporting the mission, culture and climate at Bruce Randolph School. We value the partnership with parents and ask that we jointly work together to support our students, community and our school.
To support this partnership, Bruce Randolph School teachers are committed to:
- Engaging in monthly conversations with parents/guardians for the students in their advisory class. These conversations will celebrate successes and identify next steps.
- Lead Parent Teacher conferences in October and March in order to develop a collective partnership amongst parents, teachers and students.
- Providing weekly grade updates in Schoology that parents can view in Parent Portal and that students can view in Schoology or Student Portal.
- Providing descriptive feedback on student assignments that they can apply to revise and resubmit their work to increase their demonstration of mastery.
- Celebrate student success and demonstration of Bruce Values
- Communicating with families using their home language (using translation services as a support)
- Provide parents with in person/virtual meetings such as: Coffee with the principal, Family Nights and Collaborative School Committee meetings to ensure families have access to important updates and receive feedback from families.
To support this partnership, Bruce Randolph School support staff are committed to:
- Communicating with our community about important dates via DPS messenger, our website, and emails home.
- Making phone calls to families to hear concerns, identify areas of strength, and barriers to success.
- Informing families about attendance and grade concerns so that we can together identify barriers and next steps.
To support this partnership, we ask parents to:
- Engage with your students’ teachers and your students during monthly contact in order to celebrate your student and identify next steps to maximize their success.
- Join our monthly Collaborative School Committee meetings to receive important updates, ask questions and provide feedback.
- Reach out to your students’ teachers if you have concerns or questions about grades or attendance.
- Contact our attendance office if your student will be absent from school.
To support this partnership, we ask our entire school community to respect our Communication Norms:
- Demonstrate respect in both what is said and how it is said
- Honor our commitments (add additional detail)
- Be mindful of the amount of time an individual concern may take to resolve.
- Demonstrate public support for one another. Convey the message that parents and teachers are on the same page.
- Schedule appointments if a discussion is needed
The mission of Bruce Randolph School is to graduate 100% of seniors prepared to succeed without remediation in a four year college or university.